Have I been h4c|<7d ? Or is this some trick I don't know

darthchuy
by darthchuy · 5 posts
6 years ago in IMVU Lounge
Posted 6 years ago · Author
Sorry if I'm posting in wrong section of the forum but....

Recently I blocked an imvu person for some reason. I check that person's profile the next day and he/she is unblocked: imvu next profile card says "add friend".

so I block the person again I check both imvu next and classic imvu "blocked people" page - the person is surely blocked

I come back the next day to check that person's profile: same thing, unblocked.

I blocked again but came here to ask you guys what's going on: is that person using some smart tool to get herself/himself unblocked......or god forbid h4c|<7d my account and just playing with me, unblocking himself/herself with one click ?

Thanks for any help/reply in advance

btw I have screenshots to show just in case I got in some serious trouble and I might need serious Mafia's help to keep my imvu account safe and sound.
Posted 6 years ago
You are actually second person to say this what i know of. As far i have been able to think "how?" My ball throw goes for the mobile app. Through there you are able to somehow exploit this.

I got a friend who keeps poofing out of my friend list and back all the time. I know he is using imvu mobile app to do this.

Let me poke and ask how he do it.
Sounds interesting. Well for now I only know I can view an outfit/look currently saved by a person - not the look shown in the profile card on imvu next/imvu mobile. I do it by using emojis in a pm to a person, with the "group" option. I'm sure many people know about the trick. It helped me discover once a person I was dating was a furry, for example.

But that's just a trick. I hope the person that I blocked doesn't use anything to do with hacking my account to keep himself/herself unblocked.

And thank you for reply.

-- Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:49 am --

UPDATE: I logged off imvu and logged back in to check this: imvu next shows the person is unblocked while imvu classic blocked list shows the person is still blocked.

So I guess imvu next / imvu mobile might be used as a tool to mess with imvu code.

About the hacking thing: sorry if the topic title looks a bit dramatic but I just want to make sure what's going on. Always better safe than sorry, right.
Posted 6 years ago
I think this is a very old imvu issue, I have heard of it happening with both grandfathered and new accounts. So you are not alone. Most people that send in a help ticket have gotten it fixed, and others have gotten stupid reply from customer service. My advice is to put in a help ticket, and if the first time doesn't get you a result, then try another till you get a competent CS person. :panda3: I am not fluent in knowing if there may be a h4c|< out there for this.
Well I decided I'll just calm down and stick to what imvu classic page is showing me: the person is blocked. No weird stuff happening to my imvu account or my pc - I guess it's just imvu next acting lame. The stream function acts funny all the time so I guess imvu next version of imvu is STILL not really stable.

Thank you again for replies, guys.