IMVU Log2Chat - Chat Recoverer [Updated 7/20/2024]

DataMine
by DataMine · 114 posts
6 years ago in Mafia Tools
Posted 6 years ago · Author
IMVU Basic Log2Chat
This program will scan your IMVU Logs and pull out chat messages from them. Useful if you forget to save a chat log or you crashed.

Basic Instructions
Follow these instructions if you just want to convert your existing log files from your IMVU folder.
  1. Close IMVU
  2. Copy the IMVUMafias Basic Log2Chat exe to your IMVU folder located in
    C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\IMVU
  3. Double Click on the IMVUMafias Basic Log2Chat exe to convert your log files into chat.

Instructions for advanced users
Follow these instructions if you have lots of logs files to convert and they are stored somewhere outside the IMVU folder.
  1. Close IMVU
  2. Copy the IMVUMafias Basic Log2Chat exe to any folder containing IMVU log files.
  3. Double Click on the IMVUMafias Basic Log2Chat exe to convert your log files into chat.

The program will scan all of your log files and create a new folder called exported chat where any messages it finds will be saved into text files organized by chat id.

Like my tools? Want to help support me in making more? Please donate below

Buy Me A Coffee
Last edited by DataMine on Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: fixed imvu folder path
Posted 6 years ago
wow thanks so much
The Basic Log2Chat has been updated. Adding some more filtering to the messages to remove useless data.
If anyone is willing to share their log files with me I could use them to improve this program.
Posted 6 years ago
Can it be used on multiple avatars and will it distinguish which is which?
ehreeder wrote:
Can it be used on multiple avatars and will it distinguish which is which?

It will tell you the name of the avatar who typed the message. Just make sure you read the warning I posted in the original post.
I've updated the program to fix a crash and add some cleaning to the final result of the messages.
Posted 6 years ago
Can this program find the logs of other users as well or just your own?

(Sorry for all the questions, doing some program shopping.)
Mint wrote:
Can this program find the logs of other users as well or just your own?(Sorry for all the questions, doing some program shopping.)

If you can get the logs from other people, then yes this program will recover chat lines form them. But otherwise no, this only works on your own logs.
Posted 6 years ago
i wished i had joined this site alot earlier, this programme sounds good would have been useful to me in times of need in the past, never to late to have it around, Thank you for posting DM