Help with IMVU APIs to Integrate Functionalities into my Web

Kleixx
by Kleixx · 3 posts
2 months ago in Help & Support
Posted 2 months ago · Author
Hello everyone,

I am working on a project that requires the integration of some IMVU functionality into my website. I would like to get some help and guidance on how to use IMVU APIs for this. Here are some specific details of what I need:

1. User Data Access: I want to be able to retrieve user profile information from IMVU.
  2. I would like to get the data of the rooms where you were.
  3. I would to get each of the outfits that you have in store.
  4. Hidden products from creators
  5. room scanner for products used in the same room

I've already reviewed the official documentation, but I'm running into some issues and I'm not sure if I'm implementing it correctly. Any code examples, tutorials or personal experience would be helpful.

I want to create this page to replace that find.vu that was closed.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted 2 months ago
@Kleixx

Hidden products from creators

You can't get this directly from an API. You have to use a spider to crawl the IMVU catalog 1 product at a time, store the results in your own database, and setup your own API that hits your own database. There are some API's that can speed it up a bit, by letting you grab more than 1 product, but even then ... you're fetching numerous batches. It will take you days to populate the initial data.

Most of what you are asking to do in these requests use similar methods. You need a massive server that can handle an extremely large database, setup spiders on jobs to grab individual data points that store data in your own database, and setup your own API's for your own database. That way you can create your own custom queries.

IMVU for example, does not store all of the rooms you have been in a publicly available API. You have to scan all rooms on IMVU every so many minutes, store all of the data into your own database, and then query your own database. Your results will only go back as far as the day you started scanning.
Posted 2 months ago · Author
@Don Von Alpha Dom

Perfect bro, this means that it would take me a while to scan everything, but then I have to perform scans every so often to keep the database up to date.